Horseback Wine Tour 2021
Explore one of the most scenic areas in the Cape Winelands, Franschhoek, on purebred Arabian horseback-wine-tour Take a scenic drive from Cape Town and be taken away by breathtaking vistas and majestic mountain backdrops in a setting steeped in rich culture and history. Rolling vineyards and quaint Cape Dutch homesteads await you, as well as award-winning wine farms offering some of the world’s best wines. Visit a stable in Franschhoek and take a memorable 2 to 3-hour horse ride that takes you through magnificent vineyards to visit 2 of South Africa’s best wine farms. Get to spend at least 30 – 45 minutes at each estate with the opportunity to participate in a wine tasting at each of the vineyards.
What you can expect during this Wine tasting experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
Horseback Wine Tour
Franschhoek (French corner) is one of the oldest towns in South Africa and has a strong French history and influence as this is where the French Huguenot refugees settled in 1688. Many of the refugees chose to name their farms after the regions in France from which they came. La Motte, La Dauphine, Champagne, La Cotte, Cabrière, La Provence, Bourgogne, and La Terra de Luc are examples of original Huguenot wine farms which today not only retain their original classic Cape Dutch architecture but have also grown to produce some of the world’s best wines.
The town’s close proximity to Cape Town (45 minutes), ideal weather, architectural beauty, a huge variety of culinary offerings, and award-winning wines make it one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Cape Winelands. Many describe Franschhoek as the “food and wine capital” of South Africa. Get to take a walk in the town center and experience its cozy coffee shops, sociable restaurants, art galleries, craft, and antique shops while also visiting the Huguenot Monument which stands at the end of the town.
- Scenic Horseback ride through 2 wine estates
- 3 Wine tastings
- Visit Huguenot Memorial
- Walking tour of Franschhoek city center.
Depart: ± 07h00 to 08h00
Return: ± 17h30
– All tours depart from your Hotel or V&A Waterfront
– Price excludes lunch and any additional activities
– Maximum rider weight 100kg (16 stone)
Tip: Wear comfortable shoes
Specification: Horseback Wine Tour 2021